Futuredontics collects personal information in a variety of ways, most prominently through its 1-800-Dentist call center and its portfolio of websites including, most notably, Futuredontics.com, 1800Dentist.com, Dentistry.com, nationaldentalreviews.org dentalreferral.com, patientactivator.com, webdirector.com and 18dreputationmonitor.com.
I. Information You Provide to Futuredontics
The types of information Futuredontics collects depends on your use of Futuredontics’ website, the ways that you interact with Futuredontics and its business and what information you choose to provide to Futuredontics.
- You may submit data to Futuredontics so that Futuredontics can respond to your request for information and provide access to services. The data that Futuredontics collects in this regard may include personal information such as contact details (i.e., your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) and information related to your request for service. Information you provide in relations to requests for dental service may include sensitive personal information such as dental insurance provider, dental need, photos of teeth and gums, aspects of medical/health history and credit card data.
- Futuredontics collects pre-employment information (including personal information such as name, email address, telephone number and resume) in connection with job opportunities you may apply for, as well as employment information (including personal information related to employment authorization, tax identification, benefits and payroll) in connection with its employees and contractors.
II. Futuredontics Automated Collection of Information through Web Activity
In the course of visiting Futuredontics’ websites, Futuredontics automatically track certain information about you, including but not necessarily limited to URLs accessed immediately prior to and immediately after visiting a Futuredontics website, browser and IP address.
III. Futuredontics Collection of Information from Other Sources
Futuredontics may obtain information about you from:
- current or future affiliates or subsidiaries in relation to merger and acquisition activities;
- publicly and/or commercially available sources, including but not limited to, third-party publishers, advertisers or social media; and/or
- third parties with which we maintain business relationships (such as our third-party dental service providers and/or third-party vendors), including from their operating systems and platforms and otherwise as permitted by law or agreement.
IV. Futuredontics Use of Information
Futuredontics may use your information for our legitimate business purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Provide service to consumers and dentists in association with Futuredontics business agreements. For example, Futuredontics uses the information you provide to Futuredontics to identify and present best options within our network of third-party dental service providers for providing dental services.
- Provide, manage, maintain, administer and improve Futuredontics’ websites, including research and analytics in relation to monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities in connection with such websites.
- Communicate with you about Futuredontics and its services (including marketing communications, surveys, sweepstakes, webinar invitations and service reviews); respond to your comments, questions and requests; due diligence for merger and acquisition opportunities; and for purposes related to employment with Futuredontics.
- Review audio recordings of customer service calls to ensure quality service.
- Perform other business activities as needed or as described elsewhere in this Policy, including for purposes described to you at the time Futuredontics collects information.
V. Futuredontics Sharing of Information
Futuredontics may disclose information for legitimate business purpose, including but not limited to:
- Third-party dental service providers and third-party vendors who help Futuredontics operate or improve our website, assist with Futuredontics’ business processes and/or otherwise support provision of Futuredontics’ services. For example, Futuredontics presents best options within our network of third-party dental service providers for providing you dental services/products. Such personal information is disclosed to a dental service provider only upon your agreement for purpose of investigating provision of dental services/products
- An affiliate or successor entity or otherwise as part of a corporate business transaction or merger and acquisition opportunity.
- At your direction or request or when you otherwise consent.
VI. De-Identified Information
- collect information that is de-identified – i.e., anonymized of personally identifiable detail – at the time of collection; and
- periodically implement processes to de-identify information that had been personally identifiable at the time it was collected.
VII. Your Choices
Futuredontics provides, within each marketing communication, the option to opt out of future marketing communications.
VIII. Data Rights
You may be afforded certain privacy rights depending on your jurisdiction and as permitted by law, including:
- Right of access: You may have the right to request and access information about how Futuredontics processes personal information relevant to your request.
- Right to Portability: You may have the right to receive personal information relevant to your request, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another third party in certain circumstances.
- Right to Rectification: You may have the right to request updates to and/or corrections of inaccuracies within personal information relevant to your request.
- Right to Deletion: You may have the right to request the deletion of personal information relevant to your request in certain circumstances.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You may have the right to request Futuredontics to restrict the processing of personal information relevant to your request in certain circumstances – for example, if you in good faith believe that personal information Futuredontics processes about you is incorrect or unlawful.
These rights may be limited by applicable law. For example, Futuredontics may need to retain or share certain personal information for legitimate business purposes, to complete transactions you have requested, to comply with our legal obligations, and for other purposes as required or permitted by law.
Attn: Privacy Department
11209 National Blvd, #409
Los Angeles, CA 90064
In addition, if you believe that Futuredontics has not complied with your data protection rights, you have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority of your home country. Please be aware that your request does not guarantee complete access or removal of your personal information as the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Security. Futuredontics employs industry standard technical and organizational measures designed to protect your personal information that is under Futuredontics control, and that Futuredontics processes on your behalf, from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal, both during transmission and once Futuredontics receives it. Despite the foregoing, Futuredontics cannot guaranty the security of information – information you provide is at your own risk.
Children’s Personal Information. Futuredontics’ website and business is directed to adults and is not intended for children, i.e., individuals under 18 years of age without parent or legal guardian consent. Futuredontics does not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13 or equivalent minimum age in the applicable jurisdiction. If you believe Futuredontics has collected personal information concerning a child under the age of 13, please contact Futuredontics so that appropriate steps to delete such personal information can be taken.
This document is effective on March 18, 2010 and last updated December 24, 2020.
© 2021 Futuredontics, Inc. All Rights Reserved